MicroSurvey Layout is a simple to use locating program designed specifically for construction layout and MEP contractors. Used on its own, or in conjunction with Point Prep, MicroSurvey Layout gives you all the tools you need to layout your points accurately and easily. Also included is an as-built mode that allows you measure existing points on a job or pickup points needed for earthwork quantities.
1. Contractor Friendly
- Streamlined interface with two modes: Layout and As-built.
- Layout mode includes all the tools you need to locate points, lines, arcs, and DXF drawing entities.
- As-built mode includes all the tools you need to perform a topographic survey or to collect as-built data. Measure and store points that can be exported for use in CAD systems, or import the data directly into MicroSurvey Point Prep.
2. Easy Plan Entry
- Built-in Plan entry tool allows you to easily take design measurements from a paper plan and enter them directly into Layout to create a digital version of the drawing. Work in feet, feet and inches, fractions, or metric units. Coordinate points are computed for you automatically as you enter measurements. Create lines and arcs along with points at the same time as you enter plans. Template creator allows you to save your entered plan so it can be used in other projects.
3. Easy Setup
- Reference Point routine allows you to measure to two or more known points to establish your total station location so you can begin to work quickly.
- Reference Point Check allows you to confirm at any time during your workday that your total station position is still valid and accurate.
- Check Point routine can also be used to check into other known points to confirm that your total station position is accurate and correct.
- Remote Benchmark allows you to shoot a known point so a known elevation can be transferred to your current total station position.
4. Easy Layout
- Graphically stake points and lines by selecting them from the map screen.
- Graphically stake DXF cad drawings by selecting DXF entities from the map screen.
- Staking list allows you to manage your day’s work by selecting the points you plan on staking and Layout will automatically guide your layout process.
- Stake point routine can find the next nearest point to your current prism or GPS position for you automatically.
- Error checking is built in and warns you when you store a layout position that doesn’t meet your error tolerances preventing accidental errors at the job site.
- Cut sheet generator creates a layout report that summarizes what points have been located along with point deviations and cut and fill values.
5. Offsets and Point Patterns
- Lines and arcs can be offset to the left or right or both by a specific distance.
- Compute points down and out from a line or arc.
- Partition lines or arcs by defining a distance, or a number of divisions along the line or arc.
- Compute point offsets between points.
- Input point patterns and then apply them to points in your project for layout.
6. As-built and Topographic Tools
- As-built routines are built-in so you can measure existing conditions for as-built reports or drawings.
- Easily record points with elevation that can be exported to other third party applications.
- Record data for cut / fill analysis, volume calculations or DTM model creation.
- Generate line work as you measure. Create a picture at the job site while you work.
- Use GPS or your Total Station to measure and record your points.
7. Road Alignment Layout
- Input alignment data from paper drawings into the built alignment editor.
- Input horizontal alignment, vertical profiles and templates.
- Easy to use stakeout tools
8. Advanced Display and Platforms
- Easy to use menu structure makes finding things a breeze.
- Two modes Layout and As-built separate the layout and as-built process making it more streamlined and intuitive to use.
- Easy to use map screen has all the tools you need to layout data and collect as-built details.
- Easy to use Total Station and GPS toolbars give you all the instrument control tools in one place directly in the map screen.
- Live graphics screen allows you to pick data from the map screen for layout.
- MicroSurvey Layout can be installed and used on Laptops, Tablet computers, and Windows Mobile devices.
- Both portrait and landscape devices supported
- Common look and feel across all platforms
9. Equipment Support
- Conventional non-robotic instruments supported
- Robotic instruments supported
- GPS Base and Rover systems supported
- Network corrected GPS Rover systems supported
- Leica 3D Disto support
10. Desktop Companion
- Open Autodesk DWG and DXF files with MicroSurvey Point Prep and create points quickly from the digital CAD drawing.
- Export and upload points directly to MicroSurvey Layout for layout at the job site
- Export and upload a CAD background file (DXF) for use with MicroSurvey Layout
- Create surface files that can then be uploaded and used with MicroSurvey Layout.
- Download layout data from MicroSurvey Layout and create cut sheet reports
- Download as-built data from MicroSurvey Layout and prepare a drawing file.
- Download topographic data from MicroSurvey Layout and prepare a drawing file, compute volumes, create contours, or create a DTM model.
- Watch Overview Movie